Sunday 6 May 2012

More deColourant makes

Good morning all, although I don't really know what's so good, it's very dingey and damp down here on the South Coast.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and the emails sent to C&C, it means a lot to me that you took the time to message me.

Before I bombard you with my samples just a quick reminder to check out the Polka Doodles and Kuretake  blogs for for some fabby challenges, comps and inspiration from the design teams. Polka Doodles is De-stress this week, so if you love distressing, inking and vintage then it's the challenge for you.

Below are some more samples using deColourant.

I hand painted this flower and after doing it wished I'd made a better choice of material.  I wasn't about to re-do it though so I have to live with it now.  I really wanted to show a. that you could paint with it and b. that when you do it over patterned material you still get the pattern showing though like a ghost effect.  You can use this to your advantage for some fabulous effects.  If you were to put another layer on (after washing the piece first) It will take it down even more.

This first one is shows the flower after it has been heat activated and before it has been washed.
This is it washed and mounted on a piece of board.  I've added a butterfly and a moth using deColourant and home made stencils with some dies.  I then added some stickles to highlight.
 
The next two are mixed media canvases
 That Special Touch masks, bubble wrap and the peony stamp by Stampendous

 

Masks, grunge board, acrylic paints, mica spritzers, mica flakes, beadazzles and decolourant with Creative Expressions stamps
I made a couple of extra cards for the show and an extra one that could be sent out if anyone emailed, hence there are two very similar.
Distress stains and Studio 490 stamps

Distress stains, Indigo Blu and Creative Expressions stamps

An apron stamped using deColourant and Clarity Stamps

A denim shirt using deColourant with masks

A silk hankie using deColourant with a mask.  This is very fine translucent silk so you get a really subtle effect

A silk scarf stamped with deColourant plus and stencils with deColourant.  Again the butterflies are very subtle

deColourant plus with a mask

deColourant with a mask

deColourant plus painted on jeans

deColourant on jeans using my homemade stencils. I then did some rough back stitching with embroidery threads round the images

A sample quilted piece. I wouldn't normally put these colours and patterns together, but I had so many pieces from domoing I decided to do something with them.  It gives you an idea of how you can use bits up if nothing else. Big thanks to Marilyn (my MIL) for sewing the up for me to save me a little bit of time.

Again this is just demo pieces I patchworked into a bag.  I used a round piece of sponge and deColourant to make the spots for the back piece.

Next time I will show all my Clarity show samples.  Till then enjoy your crafting

8 comments:

Helen Anderson said...

Fabulous samples Dee, you've worked so hard to give us all these wonderful ideas! I will certainly be having a go when I get the chance! Thanks for sharing x

Fliss said...

These are fabulous Dee and I so enjoyed the show too. It got my creative juices whirling as I'm trying to think of ways to get a similar effect without the decolourant - improvisation is me!!!
Hope you're having a lovely weekend despite the yuk weather.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Miria said...

Dee, your creativity is endless and at such a high level! I love them all! Hugs, Miria xx

Unknown said...

Wow! These are amazing. I especially love the 2nd canvas. Truly stunning pieces Dee. Love, Julia xxxx

Claire Phillips said...

Brill work Dee - love all the textiles effects - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous work Dee - looks like you've been enjoying playing with these goodies! Love the texture fabric gives to projects Karen x

Emma Williams said...

Lovely work, Dee...so many different styles and ideas and I love all the various mediums you've used, to give totally different looks to each.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog... x

shamraiz said...

I am just knocked out by this lovely creations! Love your coloring and your special touches , look forward to seeing you again very soon!
hugs,
SAM........
Business Gift Cards
Gift Card Printing
scratch card