Sunday 25 April 2010

A bit of Fantasy does you good

It's Sunday morning and it's raining, how rude! I had a day of washing planned and now my plans are in tatters. I'll just have to craft instead.  Not that I really want to you understand, but I'm now forced to do it by circumstances, lol.

All is quiet here with Sammy and Colin still snoring in bed, and I've put a film on the tv.  Lot's of snow and arty shots and as you would guess the two leading characters are falling in love.  What a surprise eh?

Talking of tv I have a question for you.  Now, I am a lover of fantasy (as in fairies and dragons and not the other) and I'm really enjoying Legend of the Seeker at the moment.  I could just imagine myself as Kalan the Mother Confessor or Cara in her fabulous leather suit, not that sort of leather suit, although it is sort of sexy.  They are both beautiful strong women who kick arse, and Kalan gets to kiss the Seeker.  Well I cirtainly wouldn't say no that, he's got quite a bod on him and he's not that bad looking either.  Well we can all dream can't we?  Getting back to the question, what tv/film/book character would you like to be and why?

Here is my card for week 16 Polka Doodles challenge. The theme this week is to make a card/project using monotone colours.  I chose blue, no great surprise there really as blues and purples are my favoured colours.  I used one of the Nikky's Fairy Flutterby clear stamps with my denim blue Adirondack inpad. I then pulled the ink from the image with a damp brush to colour it.  It's a nice quick and effective way adding  interest to your stamped image without going mad with colour.  The backing papers are from the new cd All Around and Everywhere and Paper Boutique.  The new cd is fabulous with so much on it.  It really is a must have if you like animals/nature, cakes, flowers (plus so much more) and a more modern feel to your papercrafting.  There really is everything you need on Nikky's cd's, backing papers galore, stacking flowers, stampies, embellies, you name it it's on there.
 
Here are some pics of my samples for the tv launch of All Around and Everywhere.
And these last pics are of cards I've made with Kajed Designs new digital bundles which will shortly be on A Card 4 U's website, so keep an eye out for them.
Take care all, Dee.

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

Blooming heck Dee, you have been very busy...My mojo didn't come back from Tenerife and I am getting annoyed now cos that's 2 weeks we have been back and I can't get enthusiastic about anything!!! These are all looking fabby!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my - what beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

OMG What fab cards, I'm really glad I dropped here. They're all so gorgeous and lovely to look at.

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Great cards Dee!

I've finally finished my 4 week stint of commuting! Thank goodness for that! As a treat i had a lie in this morn :)

Alls well here thanx- Millies still on antibiotics but seems her normal happy self which is great. Fingers crossed I'll be able to stop giving it to her soon.

Hope alls well your end?

Em xxx

Lou Sims said...

OMG Dee . . you have been busy. Loving all your cards and how you've made each one so different. Saw the box too on the TV (!) and it looked fab.

Lou
x