Monday 5 April 2010

Muddy Boots

Hello all, another late post then!  I feel I should be getting an award for never being on time, maybe in the form of a nice little tasteful pin that I could wear with pride, lol.  There's quite a lot of pics in this post so sorry to bore you, grab a cuppa and indulge me just this once. 

On the 15th of March it was my birthday, it was one of the things I was going to tell you about in a previous post, and believe it or not I couldn't remember a thing when I sat down to do it, the post that is! Just goes to show that 'oldtimers' is really setting in now.  No hope for me I feel, it's well and truly here to stay.  Anyway I got mainly money, which I had asked for.  I'm saving for a new graphics tablet and pen and I want a Wancom Intuos4 (soz that's prob not how you spell it). I'm not quite there yet, still need another 90 squid but hopefully soon I'll be digi drawing again.  Colin got me a couple of Lazy Jacks sweatshirts from Guernsey, he'd seen them a while ago and decided that was what he was getting me.  I love them, they are really warm, cozy and comfy.  In fact he bought 2 more for me the last time he was out there too, so now I have 4.  And I got loads of Gower Cottage Brownies big thanks to my cousin Carol and her husband Mark, Kate and Paul.  I've been getting them a box at a time and I still have a box in the brownie bank to come at some point soon.  I'm sorry to say my thighs may never recover from the chocolate overload, but heyho I'll worry about that next month.

And now onto papercrafting.  This is my DT card for this weeks Polkadoodle challenge.  Ruth set the challenge for this week and we had to make a card for her birthday.  I used the Cupcake Treat range from the Paper Boutique Vol 1 CD.  The rest of the team made some fab projects, so pop over and and have a look if you haven't already done so.
And here are cards I've made with the new Garden Delights download bundle that Kate and myself have been working on. They are available from A Card 4 U and offer really good value for money. I only printed out the craft sheets once and I made all these cards.  You could make more with this kit as I've put a couple of elements on the same cards for some.  We decided to go for a nice pretty classic look with this set.  So all you classic image lovers should be happy.  Our next set is more contempory but quite cute.  Hopefully that one won't be too long now.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and we took Sammy for a lovely walk round Pagham Harbour.  However it was very windy and very soggy and muddy, just look at the state of my bloody boots! They're going to take me ages to get clean.  And the state of my tousers, well I thought I'd had wieghts added to the bottom of them.  We had to disrobe at the front door when we came in.  Sammy loved it though, he's not one of these dog's that doesn't like get his feet wet, he plows straight through all the mud and puddles.  In fact I'm thinking of making an upside down coat to keep his undercarriage clean and dry.  There's still a few teething probs with it to sort out though, As you can imagine being a little boy he does need some access!
That's it for now folks. Keep warm and well xxx

2 comments:

Spyder said...

Love your cards, spied them somewhere..really loe the shape. colour and style of the first birthday cake one!
(lyn)

For the Love of Paper Crafts said...

Love your cards and photography!

http://fortheloveofpapercrafts.blogspot.com/