Friday 11 March 2011

No good crying over spilt nail varnish

At last, a new post. I can't even remember half the things I wanted to say it's been that long. Oh well, I'll just wing it and waffle on for a bit and hope the old memory gets triggered and starts working again. I can live in hope can't I!

A little while ago I took off the word verification on the comments.  I know it can be a pain in the you-know-where, but I have been inundated with spam ever since and it drove be nuts, so I'm sorry to say that it.s now back on.

I had a fab few days away at the end of Feb with the lovely, very funny and accident prone Nikky (brains, artist and owner of Polka Doodles).  Seriously you wouldn't believe the trouble she gets herself into.  She really should write a book, it would be a fantastic tonic for anyone down or depressed, lol.  You just can't help laughing at some of her antics.  On our first night at the hotel she managed to knock her nail varnish on the floor.  It wasn't content to just land and spill a few drops, oh no, it had to roll round in a big loop leaving a shiny dark trail behind it.  So there we are, me on my knees scrubbing away at the carpet like our lives depended on it laughing so much I felt like my ribs had fractured.  The fabulous Janet (@craftmad on twitter) was there too and her friend Bethan.  Excellent and funny company the both of them, I had the best time ever ladies, thank you so much.

The reason for being away from home was the Paper Artsy and Tim Holtz workshops. Fanbloodytastic. It was so nice just to do something indulgent and just for me for a change.  I've been so busy for what seems like forever that I just don't get time to craft for myself anymore.  I got completely messy with the inks, paints and matt medium, and I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it and it was worth every single penny.  Of course Nikky, Janet and Bethan made it all the more special.  I don't have pictures of my projects because I haven't quite finished them yet, when I do I will show you all.  Also despite taking my camera I never got to take any pictures (shock horror).  Janet is going to send me some so I may just post some of those when I get them (assuming she lets me that is, lol).

I've a couple of Polka Doodles design team cards for you to see.  The first one is from last week and uses papers form the Sugar Birdies CD and  Jingle Jangles CD. The sentiment is stamped using the new sentiment stamp sheet, and I used the large scallop circles nestabilities for the large flower and a scallop circle punch for the 2 smaller flowers. Lots of screwing up of paper and very generous inking added some extra interest to the card.
The second card is for this weeks challenge and I used papers from the Love and cherish CD which I weaved behind a large circle aperture.

Now I have a few sneaky peeks of my latest projects.  They don't show you much but I can't reveal until next week, so I thought I'd tease you all a bit, hehehe.

A few cards from the March Making Cards magazine. The first ones used Kuretake's Kurecolor refill inks
 The one below uses the Polka Doodles Paper Boutique 3 CD.


And here is his royal cuteness Sammy looking all handsome...........
....... and naughty!
Take care all.

3 comments:

Fliss said...

Really lovely to see all your work Dee and can't wait to see the full pics of the sneak peeks as they look fab.
Thanks for making such a gorgeous project for my challenge theme too.
Glad to hear you had a good time with Sir Tim and I'm green with envy here as I know how fab he is as a teacher.
Great pics of Sammy - he looks soooo cute!!!
Have a great weekend, Fliss xx

Claire Phillips said...

Mmmm liking those sneeky peeks! I really love your project this week - stunning - fabulous composition and colour! Cheers Claire x

Saskia said...

Wow! You're so creative! Great work!

Sweet greetings and big hug for Sammy!

Saskia :)