Monday 5 October 2009

Dunce of the day

Well I've had a right weekend of it. More technology failure in the form of my HP all-in-one not talking to my Lappy wirelessly. Works fine with the PC which it's wired to, but wireless, forget it, all you can do is print (better than nothing I spose).

It's been like that for months, but I've not had the time or energy to try and sort it out. I did have an IT techie look at it, and he couldn't get it working, so how the hell I thought I might be able to sort it is beyond me. Well I had to reset it anyway as I had a new router on Fri, and no he wasn't a hunk (yet another bitter disappointment, ha ha). He said hello to Sammy who licked his hand being the friendly dog that he is, the look of horror in his eyes was quite amusing. I led him to the sink so he could wash his hands and he had the nerve to ask if I had any anti-bacterial wash! Err no, we just have soap, you know the stuff we've all been using for donkey's years and it's always worked if you use it properly.

Now I have the immune system of a pea, and I'm supposed to be careful (that's always amused the hell out of me considering I used to work in a hospital, you can't exactly get away from nasty little bugs and illnesses there), but to be honest with you, living in a house that's been disinfected to within an inch of it's life isn't going to help matters any, you can't build a resistance to anything, and you're far more susceptible when you go out.

Off on a tangent again, sorry. Anyway back to HP. I spent most of Sunday trying all sorts, I uninstalled, then re-installed and rebooted that many times I think I've worn the disc out! A rather curt email was sent to the support peeps, who replied with a link to their website and one of their quick and easy steps to fixing problems. Honestly you'd have to be an IT buff to understand what they've written. I had tried all these on Sunday, but hey maybe once more would do the trick. Who was I kidding, there step by step guide bares no relation to what's on lappy. It might as well have been in googoo language for all the good it did me. Another email sent, so we'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath though.

Today I went shopping at Tesco's, I mooched round happily putting things in the trolley (only needed a few bits!!!) sailed through the checkout and then to my horror realised I didn't have my handbag OMG, PANIC, take everything out of the bags and put back in the trolley, apologised profusely and them remember the money in my pocket that I was about to give to my mother-in-law. How stupid did I feel? on a scale of 1-10 100 just about sums it up.

I decided on chips for tea tonight, and then forgot to turn the deep fat fryer off. No fires I'm glad to say, but the smell through the whole house is disgusting.

I've forgotten to feed the fish (again), I put my dirty plate in the fridge instead of the dishwasher, and I gave the cat food to the dog and the dog food to the cat. The dunce hat has a very deserving place on my head at the mo, lol.

Tomorrow can only get better.......................can't it???

No comments: