Wednesday 13 April 2016

What a beautiful day it is today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the bees are buzzing about and I've got washing on the line.  That last bit is a sure fire way of making the weather change, but I had to take the chance.  Washing smells so much nicer for being out in the fresh air, and its less creased.  Not that I iron either way, such a waste of time when it goes straight back in the wash after a day or so.  In fact the only time I do pick up an iron is when I need it for a crafty technique, it's definitely a handy tool then.

I have a few offerings for you again today, both old and new.

 A nice bright and cheerful one to start with seeing as its such a lovely day. I used mowed lawn, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade and picked raspberries distress inkpads and blending tools to colour the background piece. I dripped some water over and blotted with kitchen roll to take the colour out a bit.  The flower and dragonfly is stamped with Archival ink and Polkadoodles Lemonade Fizz Stamp Soup stamp set which I coloured with pencils to match the background.
 I made this card for an Emerald Crafts demonstration for Creative Expressions. Just Right stamps and dies, Spellbinders embossing folder (I think)! and a floral and dotty mask. 
I have to tell you I love this bricks and mortar shop. It is stacked full of crafty goodies, and if you like die cutting it has a really comprehensive range to choose from. I spend a fortune every time I go there. Sush, don't tell Colin!
 Claritystamp wordchain and funky leaves stamps with black sparkle embossing powder on an alcohol ink marbled background using the shaving foam technique. All the products can be bought form Clarity apart from the shaving foam lol.
A Claritystamp stencil and stamped card. I used both the internal and external parts of the stencil brushing ink through and around with Clarity blending brushes. Then I stamped the animals and lineart sentiment with black Archival ink.


I hope you like today's offerings, my tummy is rumbling so I'm off to forage in the kitchen for some lunch. Take care, Dee xxx



2 comments:

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Evening so agree with you about not doing ironing so many more important things to do.

Lovely cards just beautiful

Crafty hugs Pen x

Andy Duggan said...

Wow wow wow, loving the colours in these pieces! Very striking.