Saturday 2 April 2016

Hip Hip....... Ive made it to another post, that's a 50% improvement on last time lol.

 Clarity stamps, stencils and blending brushes with die based inks. Sue Wilson dies. 
To make this one I placed the house stencil down first and brushed blue and yellow ink through the design. 
I removed the stencil then placed the inner stencil in place and lightly brushed black ink around it. 
Removed that stencil then placed the inner stencil from the countryside landscape in place and brushed more black ink round it. 
Lastly I stamped the animals in place.
 I used the ever popular Clarity Groovi system for this one. Such a clever system and so easy. It's opened up parchment craft to so many people who previously didn't think they could do it, didn't have time or had no interest because it always seemed old fashioned and not for them. Clarity have made the designs modern and funky and so interchangeable. And its speeded up tracing your design no end.  There's a growing number of children grooving away now too, it cant be a bad thing can it? I have discovered that Kuretake Zig Brushable pens work pretty well on the parchment. Alcohol pens tend to go streaky, and water-based pens take ages to dry so you smudge them if your not really careful, but the brushables are permanent and fast drying even though they are water-based ink. A great discovery for me and that's what I used on this sample because I wanted strong colours to show through the parchment. It works well I think.

This was a card I made with Polkadoodles stamp soup sets. Its a bit of a mixture of Lavender Tea and Lemonade Fizz. If you haven't seen these yet and you are a stamper its well worth checking them out. its all elements, such as leaves and petals etc and you make up your own designs as you like.  I stamped these with versamark ink and clear embossing ink onto black card.  Then I used Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints over the top.  I love this technique, you can get such fantastic and bold results. The background mounted layer is a Cosmic Shimmer spritzer on white card. 

That's it for this post, thank you for popping by xxx

2 comments:

June Smith said...

Morning Dee, beautiful creations for us today, although I do a very little bit of stamping I can appreciate how stunning they are but my passion is now being into the groovi's so am loving the sample that you have made here. I run a weekly craft club where we do mainly cards but have now introduced groovi's and over half of my ladies have purchased the system and are so engrossed in it.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Morning, beautiful cards and lovely to see you again so soon.

Crafty hugs Pen x